Monday, April 15, 2013

I'm bad at this

So, basically I realized it has been a RIDICULOUSLY long time since I have updated on here. Three and a half months, actually

Wow, I'm really bad at blogging.

Eeesh. But never fear, I am NOT really bad at fitness and working out (at least not as bad as I am at blogging).

I have not disappeared. I have not given up. I have not stopped. I'm working harder than EVER.

At a gym.

Yeah. I'm not doing Insanity right now. We've been on a long break. But the local college has allowed us to stop in and use their running track and their weight room. So that's where I've been spending my time.

Also, in early March, I started working full time in DC. One of the things that I've noticed over the years, is that once a long commute (mine is two hours) and a full day sitting at a desk are combined, movement is minimal and working out is put off to the side. As a result, there is a great deal of weight problems in the Washington DC area (despite the intense need for business perseverance and political socialite groups).

First week on the job, I could see how easy it would be for me to fall into that tendency. Be just too tired to workout. But also first week on the job, I realized that no way Jose was I going to give up the health and strength I've worked so hard to build up over this past year+. Working full time was NOT going to get the better of me.

So no, I dont work out every day (because honestly, yes, there are days when I come home and collapse in exhaustion), but it is a minimum of three times a week (usually 4-5). And though I'm still often tired and feel groggy, I still know I am doing really well! I am running (trying to work up to a 5k - still a long way to go, but we're getting there), weight lifting, ab working, and constantly mixing things up so my body never gets used to something.

I leave the gym with sore muscles and a different kind of physical exhaustion than Insanity ever gave me - the kind of exhaustion that leaves you waiting to feel it again tomorrow :-)

Sooooo also I decided to add a few more "progress pics" mostly you'll notice the difference in my arms as you cant see my new runner legs in here (lol, I'll post those later ;-) ).

Also you'll notice my awesome shirt. My younger sister remodeled it from an old tshirt into this quite awesome and much more flattering piece of art :) She's pretty awesome.


You'll also notice (or maybe you wont. I dunno), there is much more definition around my neck and face (yay situps - they dont just work your abs, y'all). 


So here we are. Still working - still work to do. But keeping on!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment