Saturday, December 29, 2012

happy anniversary... to me.

well it has now officially been a year since i started with BeachBody's workouts (primarily Insanity). And I know i just posted a bunch of before and after pictures so you do get the deal there... but still... i love those moments of being able to look back on where i was, and then see how far i've come and how much better i am.

I get to see that in my kickboxing class (when i first started, lets face it, i suuuuuucked) and now i have a brown belt and (i think) am getting close to a black belt. It's been about a year and a half of hard work, dedication and practice, and its certainly paying off.

and because everything helps with everything else, being healthier over all by eating better, gaining muscle strength through Insanity as well, has also helped me in kickboxing - helped me pick up my speed, has increased my endurance, and my overall strength.

so this morning - after a couple weeks of sorta hit or miss with working out due to holiday schedules, having to work some extra hours in he office, and just some life stuff that came up - i decided to try a new workout. with the challenge i've been doing with my coach, Amy, a few months back i won a few extra Insanity dvds - Insane Abs (anextended and much harder version of Cardio Abs from the regular Insanity program), Max  Interval Sports Training (which is pretty much what it sounds like... Month 2 length *an hour* of inteeeeeeeeeeeeeeense sports training inspired exercises), and a strength training one (that uses dumbells at various weights - i need to buy heavier weights.... CANT BELIEVE I'M SAYING THAT!!!).

I've done the Insane Abs a few times and eventhough I hate working my abs (cuz it freakin hurts, y'all), I like it. It's a 30 minute workout for when I dont have time for a full Insanity workout. And you still are drenched in sweat after it. haha. ;-) Haven't been able to try the strength training one yet, because i need to buy heavier weights, but I'm looking forward to trying it.

This morning, however, I tried the Max Interval Sports Training. and Oh. My. Holy. Goodness. Remember how I was telling you, oh a long time ago, about how hard Month 2 was? heheheheheh. Okay, MIST is harder. But, unlike the first time of doing Month 2, I at least *tried* all the exercises. Some i couldn't do more than five reps, but I still tried. And when I'd get up, I honestly couldn't help but smile. It was like feeeeeeling your muscles getting ripped and feeling your six pack burning to the front. Kinda cool.

So that was today. Backtrack a few days, back to Christmas day.... For the first time I can remember  I felt great. I'd had a good night's sleep, My family was around, and I honestly felt like I looked good. Wasn't wearing anything special (I mean, other than the fact i had on skinny pants and a form fitting shirt), but it was like... wow, this is me. this is what a healthy me feels like! I LIKE IT!

And i really do. My goal for 2013? To feel like that all the time. To be able to walk around knowing that no, i'm not a sports model (yet. hehe), but I am healthy. I am young and strong and getting stronger every day. It makes a huge difference, people. So excited for what the next year of fitness will be like. I will be working more (hopefully) as a Beach Body coach and who knows.... maybe start teaching something :) :) :)


No comments:

Post a Comment